Sunday, March 17, 2013

Interactive Notebooks

I have been using interactive notebooks in reading, math and science for more than a decade let's just say several years. I can't tell you how much I love them, but for a chronically unorganized teacher like me, they are a godsend. I first started using them as portfolios when I taught 4th grade. Students loved making each page colorful and packed with their take on the content and skills they were learning.

Then I moved to 2nd grade. Yeah!

My students still love coloring and filling them with their artwork, but they have a hard time writing the content information. As hyper as I am, it was equally painful for me to wait forever for them to copy 2 sentences! So I decided to make interactive pages that could be cut out and and glued into their spiral notebooks. These are a few examples.

Usually the pages that go on the right side of the notebook have the content we are learning, while on the left side the kids interact with the content.The kiddos use their spirals as references and they are especially useful for RTI accommodations. If you haven't tried Interactive Notebooks yet, here are a few freebies.      

No comments:

Post a Comment